The Alberta Aboriginal Adult Literacy Assessment Project (Alberta AALA Project) is developing an English literacy assessment tool for Aboriginal adults and their communities which will contribute to the goals of the Alberta Living Literacy framework.
The Centre for Excellence in Foundational Learning at Bow Valley College is looking for a Project Lead for the Alberta AALA project to work closely with the Advisory Committee to coordinate all aspects of the assessment resource development, pilot and distribution.
Responsibilities of the Project Lead will include:
- Undertaking a literature review of Aboriginal literacy and essential skills learning.
- Assisting with hiring project team members and consultants, and providing project team leadership, including monitoring and maintaining project timelines and budget.
- Coordinating the resource development, including measurement framework, test items, scoring scheme and user’s guide.
- Coordinating the resource pilot by collaborating with partners for community engagement and field resource testing.
- Coordinating resource revision and distribution.
- Project website development and maintenance.
- Project Reports and presentations.
- Assisting with Advisory Committee membership and organizing meetings
- Collaborating with other stakeholders
- Providing leadership to build a provincial adult Aboriginal literacy network.
For further details and to apply please visit the HR section of Bow Valley College’s Website. Please note this posting closes Tuesday, July 10th at Noon.